Cooking Without the Cow

I have a dairy allergy. I digest it well enough but it gives me a headache, which is not fun. I do use a little butter, especially in baking, because margarine scares me. Cheese is such a prevalent ingredient in even vegetarian offerings that I have had to experiment with different dishes to come up with some staples that will work for my family. I hope you enjoy them, too!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Instant gratification


Well, it was Saturday and I didn't feel much like fussing, since I'd spoiled myself all week with my blender meals. (I put some leftover hummus into a sandwich for lunch. Mmmm.) So, I set some whole grains on to boil and stared into the pantry for a while. I finally pulled out three instant choices from Trader Joe's and settled on the Tuna in Red Panang Curry. Now, that's not nearly enough to feed The Boy, so it was added to three cups of cooked brown rice/barley and 10 ounces of defrosted chopped broccoli. Gotta love Trader Joe's. I remember reading about them before they opened anywhere near me and thinking how much easier my choices would be if only there was a Trader Joe's. I was right. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home